Thursday, June 4, 2015

Quiet Time


Tomorrow is a very important day; tomorrow I leave for my last summer camp as a student in Redemption's student ministries. Every year, Redemption students and staff take a trip down to Point Loma Nazarene University in California for five days to experience THE time of their lives. I kid you not- there is NO place I would rather be than summer camp. From the games to the food, and the worship to the cabin time, this place is the greatest place on earth. It is the ultimate get-away for anyone who needs a break from reality. The greatest part about it: you are surrounded by people who love Jesus. Sounds like it couldn't get much better, right?

Wrong. This year, I have been talking non-stop about how hype I am to have the opportunity to attend this camp. Due to my ability to bug and nag people until they surrender to my wish, four of my friends have agreed to attend SC15 with me! Praise God!!! This trip will be absolutely unforgettable and I cannot wait to watch how it changes lives. 

Yes, tomorrow an important day, but today is just as important. Today is a day of prayer, and a day dedicated to prepare my heart for camp. Here are my prayers:

+ That God would take away any/all distractions at camp this week. 

+ That we will be intentional with the relationships that we build at camp, and that they will last for a lifetime. 

+ That God speaks to every individual in a way where they have not been spoken to before.

+ That all temptations are taken away, or prevailed against. 

+ That God will reveal himself to every individual in a unique way while at camp. 

+ That we become vulnerable at camp and allow God to work through us. That we come with an open mind and a soft heart, ready to be molded.

+ That we touch each other's hearts, and allow our hearts to be touched in return. 

+ That we act as sponges and allow all of the material we are fed to really soak in; that we will not be superficial. 

+ That we will only show love to one another; that we will love our brothers and sisters in Christ. 

+ That God would give the pastors the wisdom and the words they need to reach the students attending camp. 

+ That the crew dads and the rest of the staff are all safe and respected; that they are well and rested. 

+ Safe travels for everyone who is going to camp, whether it be by bus, car, or plane. 

+ I pray that lives will be forever changed in the name of Jesus. 

If you are reading this, please say a prayer for our camp staff, students, and all of the encounters that will happen there. Your prayers are heard and appreciated

Sincerely,

Hopeful/Excited/Still Packing Ashley.
xx


1 comments:

  1. My favorite memories growing up were at kids camp in Christopher Creek, and Zona when I got older. So happy for you and all the fellow campers. I will keep you all in my prayers 💕

    ReplyDelete