Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Passion

Did you know that the word passion originally meant, in Latin, to suffer? It originated when they used it to describe Jesus's sufferings on the cross (I know you're all thinking of that one movie -  The Passion of the Christ...so am I). In today's culture we use the word passion to describe what we find bliss in, or what we enjoy indulging ourselves in. Imagine that- those definitions seem completely opposite. When I first heard the root meaning of passion, I began to think about how that even related to the definition I had in my head. Then the wheels in my head started turning and I came to this conclusion:

Our passions are molded by our greatest struggles. God takes what seem to be our biggest failures and turns them into great lessons. If our passions aren't molded by our own personal struggles, they come from the observation of others struggles. Why do people become nurses? They either: want to help others because they have seen someone be helped before, or want to help others because someone has failed to do so in the past. Why do people want to become counselors? Maybe they have been through a certain situation that gave them the knowledge they could use to help others going through a similar situation. I guess passions don't have to be found in a job, but those were things that came to mind. Maybe this is why everyone always says, "No matter what you do in life, be passionate about it!" 
They say you learn something new everyday, this was my something. Thanks for reading about my findings.

Sincerely,

Mind-blown Ashley.
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment