Thursday, April 23, 2015

Restless - Because You Were Made For More


Dree. Brynn. Lindsey. Haley. Amelia. Andie. Lauren. Lacey. D'arce. Cheyenne. Ashlee. These girls. Let me tell you a little about how blessed I am to have these girls in my life.

We have just finished an 8 week series by Jennie Allen called Restless, which is an intense study on how to really find a purpose in your life specifically. After reaching out of our comfort zones and becoming vulnerable in our group discussions, we realized that we are all going through similar struggles and trials in our lives at this exact moment. Not only that, but we also realized that each and every one of us has a specific and significant purpose here on earth. We all matter, and we all significantly go through similar struggles together. If only these girls knew how much they have impacted my life...

I have learned so much over these past two months. I have learned different things from each and every one of these girls, and I hope they stick around to allow me to continue to grow through them. These girls took time out of their busy schedules every week to meet together to talk about God. That is amazing. Words cannot describe how thankful I am that these girls wanted to be a part of something like this, because lets be honest, it gets deep and personal and messy. Although that's the greatest part about this whole "living here on earth" thing. We are all a bunch of imperfect and broken people trying to get to know the only perfect thing that exists, and ever will exist. We all have a common root, which is God, and I think that is the greatest thing anyone could have in common.

My prayers for these girls is that they continue to run their race and to finish it strong. I love them all with my whole heart and cannot wait to see what the future holds for them.

To MY GIRLS: If you are reading this right now, here is a giant THANK YOU for being a part of this journey. You all have taken out of this study more than I could have ever imagined. Each and every one of you participated in the "uncomfortable", and hopefully it has made the uncomfortable comfortable. You have all been such an encouragement to me, and I now want to encourage you to keep it up!


“Great people do not do great things; God does great things through surrendered people.” -Jennie Allen

Sincerely,

"Warm & Fuzzy" Ashley.
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment