Monday, July 20, 2015

Living in Shadows

Before anything else is said, I must admit, I used to live in a shadow cast by the world. Our world tells us lies that are wrapped in a pretty package labeled "truth". Crafty, isn't it? To fellow followers of Christ: Why do you hold back? Why don't you take hold of the gifts that you have been blessed with and run with them? We have been put on this earth for a reason, and too often we waste our time thinking that we are being humble, selfless, and responsible. We are meant to be disciples of Christ so that His kingdom would expand, but we are living in a shadow. The enemy wants us to think we are bragging and boasting about our gifts when we use them; this blocks the light from casting over this shadow. We are living in a shadow of fear, and it is often because we idolize what other people think of us. This is quite a deadly shadow to live in.

People often ask why I have a blog, and I answer by saying that I enjoy being the author and creator of it. I used to fear that it would appear too self-promoting to others, so I didn't do anything for a while. After the creation of this blog, I have gotten multiple messages or even comments about how something I had wrote had meant something to someone, or had an impact on them in some way. That alone shows that my purpose for the creation of this blog in the first place has been successfully fulfilled. God works through his people in different ways, and He uses resources here on earth to do so.

In the bible, there was a man named Moses whom God called upon specifically to go and help His people. Can you even imagine - out of everyone in the world - God choosing you to save His people? To free them and take them to the plentiful land flowing with milk and honey?  God used Moses here on this earth, just as He is using me and you.

What is keeping you in this shadow? Step into the light my friend, I dare you.

"If we were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

Sincerely,

Relieved Ashley.
xx

(Thank you Jennie Allen for the inspiration.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment