Sunday, August 2, 2015

Baby Johnson

This weekend, I was lucky enough to attend the baby shower of a gal friend of mine. Criste Johnson is due in about 6 weeks with a precious baby boy on the way!! I remember the day I found out that Criste and her husband, Ben, were pregnant. I was so overjoyed; tears ran down my face as I began to imagine how great of parents these two are going to be.
I always have dreamed about being a mother. It may be because I have babysat for the past six years; it may be because I am the oldest sister of four girls. Whatever the reason is, I am beyond excited to someday, God willingly, become a mother. The gift of a child is so precious. When I think of the exciting news of a child on the way, I think of the birth of Samuel in the Bible. Elkanah was married to a woman named Hannah, who was unable to bear children. They were so hopeful in the Lord that he would provide them a child, so Elkanah made trips to sacrifice to the Lord. Hannah made her was up to Shiloh, and there she weeped and prayed that the Lord would give her a baby. Finally, after years of waiting, they find Hannah is pregnant. She gives birth to a baby boy, whom she dedicates to the Lord. Could you imagine: You are physically incapable of having a baby, but after a heartfelt prayer, you are blessed with a healthy and beautiful child? Craziness. This story just continues to remind me how miraculous the birth of every single child is. I am ecstatic for the Johnson's to raise their baby boy, and I cannot wait to be there step by step to watch.









"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given to the Lord." And he worshiped the Lord there. 1 Samuel 1:27-28

I am praying for a healthy child, and an easy birth. Blessings to the new baby boy, as I know you will be raised in the best hands. I cannot wait to meet you!

Sincerely,

Baby Johnson's Babysitter.

xx

1 comments:

  1. Ashley (aka Baby Johnson's Babysitter!), we just treasure your loving and encouraging words! You are a gem!! Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support for Ben and I and our little one on the way...we can't wait to introduce him!! PS, I couldn't read this with dry eyes! ;) Love, Criste

    ReplyDelete