Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Washington, Summer 2015 (pt. 4)

Our fifth and final day in Washington was amazing, and that day is the reason I miss it so much. Ever had one of those days where nothing in the day goes according to your plan? This was one of those days. Oddly enough, those days are my favorite days. (My Aunt, Dree and I actually discussed this topic in the car.) I am not a fan of surprises, and I am usually one who goes along with my day according to my schedule. Every destination that we planned to go to didn't work out. We tried four or five different places for dinner, but they were all way too packed. It was a Saturday night, and the streets were filled with the smell of smoke and authentic pizza. The sound of horns echoed between the tall city buildings and the once-in-a-while screech of tires would startle the elderly couples and kids holding their mom's hands. We found a hole-in-the-wall pizza joint and settled for a thin crust pepperoni pizza. Due to our inability to manage time wisely, we had to eat in ten minutes in order to catch the ferry at 8:10, so we stuffed our faces and ran a half mile down Pike Avenue to barely make it onto the boat. We managed to have boat security called on us, (long story), and caught a ferry that was running over an hour late back to Seattle. Roaming the streets searching for any coffee or ice cream shop was exhausting at 10:05 (they all happened to close at 10:00 btw). Admitting defeat, we wrapped up our adventure and headed home for the night. We jammed to our "song of the trip", Love Me Like You Mean It by Kelsea Ballerini, the whole ride home. We chatted about our days and adventures, and brainstormed about the future possibilities, This day felt so normal, so typical. I remember thinking to myself, this could be me everyday in a few years. I loved this day.










I miss you so dearly, WA. Please don't forget me.

Sincerely,

Girl Getting Back To Reality.
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment